Working out and Eating Healty but no weight loss?

So I've been working out 6 days a week for a couple months now. I lost 7 pounds in the beginning just working out and not changing up my diet too much and then I started to plateau at my weight loss so I changed my diet and started eating very healthy. Lots of fruit, veggies, protein, and not a lot of carbs (just the occasional brown rice or whole grain bread). I also switched up my work out routine to some interval training to see if that helped and nothing has changed in fact I've actually gained a pound. I'm 19 years old and weigh 132 lbs (fluctuates between 132-133) and am 5'8". my goal weight is 125. I started out at 138 but have gained back a few which is super frustrating, especially since for a couple weeks I've been counting calories like crazy, I eat between 1,000-1,200 calories a day and with exercise I burn at least 400 calories six days a week. I'm not sure what to do, it could be that I'm eating too few calories but I'm nervous to eat more because I don't want to gain more weight. I drink plenty of water about 3 liters a day

I know some of you will say my weight is fine and not to worry about it but I need to get my weight down for my job and its important that I do because my job is what is paying for my college education.

If anyone has any suggestions or tips it would be greatly appreciated because I'm started to get very frustrated

Lose Weight As You Get Older - Ezine Articles

Recommended Answer:
You're not eating enough calories which is causing your metabolism to slow down.

You also need more carbs. Fiber is important to weight loss and carbs give you the energy to workout.

Also you could be in ketosis which is what happens when you don't eat enough carbs. Its very dangerous and actually hurts your ability to lose weight.


1) Take a free day and pig out to let your body know you're not starving.

2) Then restart eating more calories. Around your BMR for a few days. I usually eat around 50/40/10 (carbs/protein/fat). And try to get more than your RDA for fiber.

3) After that, cycle your calories to confuse your body. Like 1400 one day, 2000 the next.

4) And focus on your metabolism. Add some muscle mass and check your thyroid to see if its functioning properly. Here's a home test:
http://dukeandthedoctor.com/dr-mcbarrons/self-health-test/thyroid/
You can also find things online about how to improve your metabolism. Google them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment