How fast will I lose weight?

I weigh 165 pounds right now, I'm 6' tall almost 6'1". As of several months ago I weighed 183 pounds, but I gradually dropped to 165 over the last couple months. I don't know why, I didn't change my diet or workouts at all. What I'm wondering is. I plan on starting to run/speed walk a couple few miles a day, I eat around 900-1400 calories per day any more, as of a few months ago it was much more. How quickly should I start to lose weight? And how much do you think I'll lose? I have a small layer of fat over my stomach/ab area, that I REALLY want to get rid of. How quickly do you think that will go away. Thanks.
Oh and I have 9% body fat, I'm not sure if that is important.

Lose Weight, No Sweat!

Recommanded Answer:
If you burn 500 more calories than you eat every day for a week, you should lose about 1-2 pounds.
If you want to lose weight faster, you'll need to eat less and exercise more.
For instance, if you take in 1,050 to 1,200 calories a day, and exercise for one hour per day, you could lose 3-5 pounds in the first week, or more if you weigh more than 250 pounds. It's very important not to cut calories any further -- that's dangerous.
Limiting salt and starches may also mean losing more weight at first -- but that's mostly fluids, not fat.
When you reduce sodium and cut starches, you reduce fluids and fluid retention, which can result in up to 5 pounds of fluid loss when you get started.

  • very fast
  • That is a really hard one to answer - very individual and lots of variables.

    Water weight fluctuations can hide / show weight loss for example.

    Something to think about might be to do use a couple of measurements (waist, thigh, etc) along with a scale weight. Gives you another metric to track. When losing weight - it is usually best to give any changes a few weeks to assess any real impact.

    Also, make sure you are drinking at least a gallon of water per day. Long term that will make a significant impact.

    Good luck.

0 comments:

Post a Comment