I believe my Thyroid is not "normal" but my doctor says it is. What should I do?

My grandmother, aunt, mother, and sister all have a thyroid problem. I went to the doctor about 2 years ago and was told it was fine. The next year I got it checked I was "normal". This past summer I moved to the east coast and saw a doctor and was told it was terrible. I began taking medication for it and was doing better. I moved back to the mid-west and I was getting low on medication for it so I went to visit the doctor. She tested my thyroid (And yes I had taken the medication that day.) and told me it was "normal" and wouldn't give me anything for it. So for the past 10 moths I haven't taken anything.One day I go into the emergency room for a head injury and the nurse walks in looks at me and says, " When was the last time you had your thyroid checked?" I wasn't sure why she was asking, but she said it seemed like it wasn't normal. My hair was thin and my skin was dry and I had gained weight compared to the last time I had been there.Maybe it was something I wasn't doing right, so I began exercising way more than before. (14+ hours more than before/per week) I ate regular balanced meals (compared to before which was hardly anything). I've taken vitamins. I use all skincare products with vitamin E in it. I am trying so hard. My goodness. but it's not helping whatsoever.In the past 2 months I've gained 20 pounds. My skin is extremely dry and I have to put on lotion ever 2 hours. My hair is still thin and falls out easily when I'm in the shower. My sleeping patterns have been ridiculous. I sleep 10 hours and still feel tired all day. I can't sleep right at night anymore. (I have Major Depression Disorder and Seasonal Depression Disorder.) Lately I've felt it getting worse as in I can't pull myself out of it for days. And my anxiety is so bad I won't leave the house and I won't talk to anyone and I won't let anyone come over.I'm going to make an appointment with our family doctor, but I'm afraid she'll do the test say I'm "normal" and tell me I'm just depressed and it's just hormones. I don't know how much more of this I can take.

How Does Counting Calories Help With Weight Loss?

Recommended Answer:

stop wasting your time with people who know nothing of the cause or how to correct it. you have a thyroid problem, no question about it. thyroid trouble is the most common cause of depression as well. often medical tests fail to find the thyroid problem, but even if they do, they can't correct the cause, they are generally clueless as to what it is. it is usually nerve interference from upper neck misalignment. see an hio method chiropractor.

Other Answers:

  • You shouldn't just visit a normal doctor you should visit a specialized doctor. For your condition I would visit an endocrinologist, they would know more an specialize In your thyroid gland and can give you more answers. It seems that you might have hyperthyroidism which means over secretion of hormones in the the thyroid gland, so it would be best to make a visit with an endocrinologist, I hope it all goes well!
  • I do know of one holistic health person who will work with you on thyroid. Her website focuses on gallbladder dysfunction but she works with more than that:http://www.gallbladderattack.com/hypothyroidismandgallbladderdisease.shtml
  • When you were last tested, did they know you had taken medication that day?My results are always in the normal range if my medication is at the correct dosage.If my medication is at the incorrect dosage (too much or too little) the that shows in my results.
  • If you had your thyroid tested on the day that you took medication to make it function within normal limits then of course your test results will look normal. If you are unsure about seeing your family physician, try going to a walk in clinic instead, at least you will get a second opinion. Also, ask your doc (over the phone) if you should take your medication before coming in to see him/her. When you see a doctor, be sure to explain all of this to them...if possible, request your medical records from the east cost doctor you went to see (they can fax it to your current doctor). the more info that your doctor has the better!!
  • I have hypothyroidism and Hashimotos Thyroiditis. Different doctors have different theories on this, but the general consensus and some studies show it is best to test first thing in the morning (8am-9/9:30am) before taking any thyroid meds. TSH is highest from midnight/ overnight on, so you want to make sure you're getting tested first thing in the AM, not in the afternoon. Be consistent in your testing time also. Please go to this page:https://www.facebook.com/thyroidsexyThere is so much information about thyroid disease. I have learned so much from that page!Keep going to different doctors until you find one that will listen to you!
  • Your dr takes your blood. She doesn't test it. You also have to fast for 12 hours before the test to show accurately.

0 comments:

Post a Comment