How to get a doctor's ignorance on the radar?

I went to a doctor (I never go because of money, so I had no regular doctor) first time. I strongly believe I have ADHD. I described my symptoms. I had looked up adult ADHD and my symptoms are TEXTBOOK. He tells me I'm paranoid and that my symptoms don't sound like ADHD. Well that's funny, because when I look up symptoms it describes me to a T! Then he asks if I smoke. I say yes. He says that if I smoke I probably don't have ADHD. Well that's funny, because every bit of information I found says that adults with AdDHD are FAR more likely to be smokers at 40% and on the rise. THEN he gives me Zoloft and I notice a rash and shortness of breath a few hours after taking it and so I call his office. His assistant relays the message to him and calls me back, "Dr. doesn't think it is a reaction to your meds and says keep taking them". I am so angry and upset. He treated me like I was stupid. And yet everything he said to me about doubting I had adult ADHD is BACKWARDS AND he tells me to continue this drug. I am livid! I really need help! I have no more money to go to another doctor. I have tried anti-depressants on the past and sworn them off before because of weight gain, loss of libido, etc. What do I do now! I need HELP and I have no more money for another doctor visit and now this! Help me please! How do I report this guy? Or what can I do?

How to Lose Weight Naturally

Recommended Answer:

First off you can always report a dr to that area's licensing agency.2nd. ADHD. It is a behavior that you can learn to deal with if you want to even without meds. Medication should NEVER be given/taken unless it enhances your life. If ADHD makes your life unlivable then maybe meds, but there are plenty of things you can do without meds.. BUT REALLY did you not read the article abt the Dr that made up the dx to fit certain people. And so yrs later we medicate for personalities that don't "FIT" in. hmmmmm.

Other Answers:

  • As you may know, over 90% of the information on the internet is false. You need to keep that in mind when using it as a reference. Anyone can write anything they want, no matter how wrong or harmful.As for diseases, real diseases never look like "the textbook". Books give general outlines of the average of the way a disease presents and then the human brain in the form of a doctor has to take the information combined with the 100's of cases of that same disease that he has seen and make a diagnosis on that basis. Experience is not in books and certainly not on the internet.If you don't trust this doctor or don't like him, you have little choice but to go to another. Free clinics and emergency rooms serve many people who can't afford a regular doctor. If you have no insurance, you are toying with owing all the money you make for the rest of your life in medical bills should you have an accident or sudden illness.

0 comments:

Post a Comment