Going Healthy- Advice?

My diet used to consist of junk food, pizza, soda, and candy. The past two weeks I''ve been eating fruits, salads, juices, vegetables, and drinking much more regular water. I''m still working out as well. I''ve had no results and I''m starting to crave lots of junk food (I''m also getting stressed- classes are stressful (I''m an 18 yr old college freshman) and my grandpa died yesterday) and so I just don''t want to treat myself to candy once or a few times this week and end up gaining weight :( I''ve really been trying and I don''t know what to do. My self esteem''s been really low lately, and I''m usually the happiest person I know. I know everyone has ups and downs, but please help me get through this. All advice is welcome and greatly appreciated

Stop Trying to Lose Weight

Recommended Answer:
I''m so sorry to hear about your grandpa. You''re going through a hard time right now, so go easy on yourself. It''s great that you cut out junk food, but you really do not need to cut it out entirely. You''re already experiencing the problem that happens when you cut it out completely - you crave it! So, it''s perfectly okay to have a treat a couple times a week and as long as you stay under your calorie goal, you will still lose weight. You should feel great about yourself and your new eating habits because you are on your way to losing weight and keeping it off. You''re making a lifestyle change, not going on a diet and this is what really works. Diet''s DON''T work, changing your whole lifestyle does. But, be careful drinking juice - it has a LOT of added sugar in it. Don''t forget to eat lean proteins like turkey, fish, chicken, plain greek yogurt, etc. Protein helps you feel full longer and retain muscle, which burns more calories even at rest.

I would recommend you join a website called My Fitness Pal or download the app. It''s a site for adults looking to lose weight and get healthier. It''s free to join and they tell you how many calories to eat based on your height/weight/age and how much weight you want to lose per week. It''s also great for connecting with other people who are also trying to lose and get healthier. You can add friends, ask questions, create a blog or you can just use it to log your food and exercise.

You are a strong person and you will get through this. Know that it''s okay to feel sad or bummed out about your grandpa. I would recommend talking to your parents about this, especially whomever''s parent it was because it''s very likely they are also feeling sad about it. Good luck!

0 comments:

Post a Comment