Am i putting my life in danger?

i''m 19 and have anorexia. i currently weigh 31.5kg (72lbs) at 5"2, which puts my BMI at just over 13.

i eat 800-900 calories a day, and i dont make myself sick. i do exercise when i feel guilty - sometimes powerwalking up to 6 miles a day.

however, i''ve never passed out or been admitted to the hospital, and whenever i''ve had check ups, they''ve always came back relatively normal.

my daily diet looks like this:

BREAKFAST: low calorie yoghurt with some dry cheerios; low calorie hot chocolate
LUNCH: low calorie noodles with some soy sauce; rice cakes
SUPPER: 20 calorie soup; yoghurt coated fruit flakes
SNACKS: apple; some grapes & pineapple; dried apple pieces; candy like lovehearts/chupa chups lolly/a boiled sweet

there are some photos of me at this link; i was actually 6lbs heavier when they were taken:
http://snog.com/xoLexiii

so how dangerous is my predicament, do you think? thanks for any advice you can give :)

How to Eat at McDonald''s and Still Lose Weight

Recommended Answer:
Excuse my French, but fuck the people who are saying you look beautiful. The way you are living is extremely dangerous, unhealthy, and could conceivably kill you in a matter of years. You are consuming less than half of the energy that an INACTIVE person needs just to maintain his or her weight. Furthermore, any exercise that you are doing with such a current calorie deficit is only serving to strain your already damaged heart valves further. If you do not reach a healthy weight soon and consume adequate nutrition, one day when you exert yourself your heart will simply not be able to handle the strain and you will have a heart attack and probably die. Another possibility is that your heart may simply stop beating in your sleep.

In case I am sounding like a prick, I am only trying to help. Quick story: I am a 19 yr old GUY and I had anorexia from the ages of 16 to 18. I went from a healthy 120 lbs at 5''5" to around 90 lbs, all the while while maintaining an insane and dangerous exercise routine. At my lowest point, I was freezing cold in the dead of summer, had no energy to do anything, and lost all sex drive whatsoever. It messed with my development and growth big time, and destroyed some of my most treasured relationships because I resented and pushed away those who were only trying to help me.

One day I realized that I was slowly killing myself by the way I was living. I got help and got myself on track. A difficult road, but today I am 5''5" and 125 lbs, active, healthy, and happy.

I have been there. I know how hard it is. I know how there is that voice in your head which is always telling you to push it just that little bit more, to grind out that tiny bit of non-existent fat, to deprive that extra amount of food, to run just that little bit farther. I have also posed in photographs with an emaciated frame and that false smile, all the while just wanting to see the photograph to make sure you aren''t fat but knowing that you will look fat anyway. But it ain''t the way. It''s your brain malfunctioning, just like a mental illness. It is a mental illness. The only thing driving your behavior at this point is the powerful forces of habit. But it is possible to replace the bad habits will good ones over time. I did it. It was hard. But worth it.

PLEASE get help, be good to your body, which is a gift, and love yourself. Peace.

  • Woah! You are skinny!
  • take creatine~~ or weightgain milk~~
  • Take some Creatine. It will make you gain 6-10 kilograms and the good thing about it is if you stop consuming creatine. You will lose all that weight straight back off. This site tells you about it.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=100831&page=1
  • i have a 6 year old brother who weighs about the same weight as you. It is a dangerous weight your at. But im not pressuring you into doing anything buts its your choice what you would like in life and i think your old enough to know :) or ask for some advice from a doc if you like ?

0 comments:

Post a Comment