WHY DID I GAIN WEIGHT?!?

Ok so yesterday morning I weighed myself and I was 108 and I ran around the block, then walked around the block I drank lots of water ate healthy, stretched I felt really good about it because I thought id loose weight now today I'm 112 how did I gain 4 pounds in 1 day? And my water weight is sorta low right now its 58% instead of 62%. Why did I gain that much? And I'm 13 4 ft 8 and would like to loose 10 pounds how many calories should I be eating to LOSE weight thank u

Lose Weight, No Sweat!

Recommended Answer:
Okay, first of all it's important to weigh yourself at the same time in the day. First thing in the morning after your morning ablutions is best.

Second, your scales need to be on a solid surface, not carpet. Scales on carpet can give false readings.

Third, it's the weight loss over a week which matters, not day-to-day.

Some food can take as long as 2 days to pass through the body. Also muscle weight is more than fat weight, so if you are pumping the muscles you might not appear to lose weight every day.

For a man, you usually need about 2400 calories a day to stay the same weight. For a woman it's about 2000 calories. Subtract about 400 calories for a complete couch potato! To lose weight, drop to between 1/2 and 3/4 of your required intake. So for a man, between 1200 and 1800 calories a day. For a woman it should be between 1000 and 1500 a day.

Don't drop below that. If you do your body will drop its metabolic rate and you won't lose weight.

Personally I find it's more effective to follow the fast diet. In that, either 2 or 3 days a week you have "fasting" days where you eat only 1/4 of your daily requirement (so 600 calories for men and 500 for women). The rest of the time you eat normally - and it's really important to eat the full amount on non-fasting days to fool the body into keeping a high metabolic rate.

On the normal eating days that's a good time to do the extra exercise. On a fasting day, just have a bit of fruit for breakfast, some packet soup for lunch (soup is a good appetite suppressant and a packet soup is less than 100 calories). That leaves enough calories for a few hundred calorie evening snack.

Fasting days should not be consecutive, and they are easier to do than you might think because you always know that the next day you can eat normally! The great thing is that when you reach target weight you can drop back to just 1 fast day a week to keep it ticking over. There's no nasty diet food involved and you don't have to eat like a rabbit all the time.

  • OMG! you don't seem to under stand the basics of your body. Weight fluctuated between one and 5 pounds daily depending on how much water you have had and when your last took a poop.
  • DON'T weigh yourself everyday

    Every two weeks is best

0 comments:

Post a Comment