Why am I not gaining weight?

I've been working out and eating 2500-3000 calories a day for about two to three weeks now and have seen absolutely no increase in weight. In fact, I was waking up to about 129 pounds a week ago, and now I am only waking up to 127. This is very depressing, because I am actually putting effort into this and seeing absoluteness no progress. I would think I'd gain at least a pound by now.

I would really like to gain about 10 pounds before college starts up in the fall, so any help would be great.
I have not been having any protein shakes lately, although I have the stuff for them. Basically at the gym I try to work out "moderately". I don't do any cardio, and I don't try to stay longer than 30-40 minutes to burn the least amount of calories possible. During that time though, I try to get a good work out.

Fastest Way to Lose Weight

Recommended Answer:
It seems one of the 3 things is not in order. Either you are not sleeping well and long enough, not eating enough calories everyday or you are not doing the right workout. In order to gain 1 pound of weight each week, you will need to master all 3 of it and do it diligently everyday. The starting part can be tedious and mentally draining so here are some of my personal experiences that has worked for me.

Let us start by talking about what constitutes a high calorie diet. The main thing involved is to eat a lot of carbohydrates rather than increasing your fat and protein intake during your 3 meals. Increasing your carbohydrate intake will enable your body to use the energy more efficiently rather than rely on breaking down muscles and burning fat to get you the energy you need. You will get your protein and your fat from my next diet tip which is to drink 500ml of milk in between your meals. Start with 500ml first and increase it every week until you have gained a pound or two of fat. Once you are there, you can start maintaining the amount of milk you drink and focus on the other two things which is sleep and workout.

Next, we will touch on the easiest thing to do of all in my opinion and that is to sleep. People who struggle to get enough sleep daily will find that they will not gain muscle mass and contrary, will lose weight. If you are looking to gain weight I highly suggest you to do this experiment first to know just how much sleep you need. Start by going to sleep by yourself without the influence of alcohol, sleeping pills or what nots to make you sleepy. Sleep through the night and wake up by yourself in the morning. If you can achieve this without any distractions or any drugs or alcohol, you just have to keep repeating the same amount of hours everyday. Simple.

Lastly, so many people find it hard to gain muscle mass and weight just because they do the wrong workout or jump from one workout to another before exhaustively utilize what is planned out. If you are starting out to gain weight or muscle mass I strongly encourage you to download the program off http://gohforth.com. That program has not only worked for me for years, but is also something I teach my paid clients.

  • Because its only been 3 weeks. Keep trying!
  • because its still very early.. 3 weeks is nothing at all
    dont worry.. u will get there soon
    keep working harder an harder
    try whey protien an glutamine
  • How much are you exercising and what types of food are you eating? Since you weigh about 130 pounds, you burn about 1300 calories by simply being alive and breathing - this does not include exercise. If you work out vigorously, you could easily be burning another thousand or so calories, meaning that you're only adding about 300 calories to your daily diet. A pound is roughly 3500 calories - if you're only having a net gain of 300 calories a day, it'd take you over a week to even get close to gaining a single pound.

    Aim to eat 3000 calories a day - you should be eating every three hours in order to keep a constant supply of food going. Focus on foods rich in protein, such as eggs, dried fruits, nuts, greek yogurt, etc. Eat plenty of pasta and whole grain bread for carbs for exercising and continue snacking ALL THE TIME. Make sure you drink at least one protein shake a day. Good luck!

0 comments:

Post a Comment