Weight loss that I'm confused about?

OK, so I started a new (very intense) exercise regimen just to mix things up as I just would like to lose 5 pounds. I've never been overweight so it's not about that. So, I started the routine this week (kettlebells) and am on the my rest days. I tend to eat very carefully but ate a bit crappy the last 2 days (not a whole pizza or anything just more than normal for me) and I LOST 2 pounds. I have ideas as to why but if somebody else has a good answer that's awesome. Thanks everybody!
Thanks first responder, I do all of those things already. I'm just interested in an answer to my question. But thank you.
Maybe I'm not clear: I do exercise regularly. I just added a new routine. I don't understand the 2 pound weight loss. Thanks again!

Lose Weight the Right Way and Keep it Off

Recommended Answer:
You probably found your caloric need. Did you maintain that weight loss? Were you eating more consistently throughout the day? Did you eat more protein?

Eating often keeps your metabolism cooking, and keeping a consistent protein intake throughout the day encourages muscle growth. If you've increased intensity, your protein and general caloric need will have increased. In order for your body to respond appropriately to the new demands, it needs to be fueled adequately. Eating several meals with protein in each meal (10+ grams?) will keep your muscles rebuilding and your metabolism fueled. Eating too few calories starves your body and makes it conservative in its caloric use.

That's my understanding. I'm not 100% on how it all works.

  • okay, to get into shape , speed up your metabolism, rid yourself of excess fat and lose weight ,,,,,do as follows:

    Stop drinking & smoking (if you do this regularly)
    eat fruits & vegetables all you can (buy a slow cooker /food steamer & rice/pasta cooker to make it easy on you)...(vegetables might not seem "tasty", like junk foods,, but can be as you aquire your taste to them..and are loaded with energy and nutrients)...avoid all junk food, cokes, sweets, etc...and drink mainly water (green tea , juice & milk being the other options you drink). If you eat meat ,,use only steamed, baking or grilled methods for preparing fish or chicken.

    also, do an hour of walking each day at least. or some type of excercise.

    * you should lose about 10 lbs per month
  • You maybe just hit a plateau. I used a program that helped me get over mine. I know how frustrating it is to put in a lot of hard work and come out with very little results.

0 comments:

Post a Comment