Questions on morning jogs, sprint training, SKINS, and diet?

I'm a 17 year old guy who has good genes (naturally very fast runner, has athletic body, etc), but plays no sports and never exercises. I've got bad insomnia, am always tired and really lazy so can never be bothered to run. But I'm going to try and develop a morning jog routine like this:

Monday - 7am jog.
Tuesday - rest.
Wednesday - 7am jog.
Thursday - 7am jog.
Friday - 7am jog.
Saturday - rest.
Sunday - 7am jog.

People say mornings jogs give you more energy for day and help you sleep, so that's main reason for me doing this. Also, I have asthma (can run fast, but not for long), so I need to get fit. The thing is, I love sprinting and I've learned about fast/slow twitch muscle fibers.. and I'm wondering, if I do slow/gentle jogs in the morning, will that cause me to run slower? I'm planning to do a light/gentle jog as a warm up, and do sprint training too. Would doing sprint training after every jog, 5 days a week be bad? How can I jog for fitness, and train to get faster/stronger in sprinting?

Moving on from that though. I tried on my older brothers skins and they felt amazing, and I want a pair. Is it okay if I wore them for all my morning jogs/sprints? They would keep me warm in morning and help with recovery, which is just what I need. How long do skins last (assuming I wore them 4-5 times a week)? Would they make me run faster in a sprint race? How many hours should you wear them after a jog for them to help with "recovery"?

Diet - should I have breakfast before or after morning jog/sprint? I want to wake at 6:45am, go for jog (plenty of water, no food), come home, shower, have breakfast and then go school. Good? Bad? Also, what kind of foods should I eat? Just focus protein to develop muscles? Does strength make me run faster, if so, should I do leg weights etc? Sprint with weights attached?

Sorry if this is really long and has too many questions. :( I just want to know all of this before I commit to a routine and spend money on skins (and possibly new running shoes too). Please help me out!

8 Top Tips to Help You Lose Weight

Recommended Answer:
I don't know about skins.

Doing jogs may get you in the habit of running slower but will not make you unable to run faster- in fact, it may help your lung capacity grow so you can also run faster.
In general it is good to eat small amounts before, and in long runs during, a run. Ideally you should eat some protein and carbohydrate, no fat. Your muscles need the carbohydrate as you run. The amount of eating I'm talking about before a run is, say, a cup of milk or soymilk. Or one small baked potato. Not a full breakfast. Leg weights have to be done carefully to avoid injury- I'd skip them altogether while you are getting started, and don't spring with weights.

I would actually be most concerned about designing your running so that you don't get asthma attacks and give up because of that. I suggest you schedule an appointment with whoever treats your asthma, try your running schedule with both sprints and jogs for two weeks before the appointment, and then you can talk to the doctor about what you should and shouldn't do, with knowing how your asthma has responded to your running attempts for two weeks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment