How do you keep your body from "adapting" to your workout and diet?

Once I started losing weight and gaining muscle, after the initial "burst" there's the plateau where the weight loss slows and it's a little harder to make progress.

What can I do to minimize this plateau?
I train Monday and Thursdays upper body, abs and interval sprints.
Tuesday and Friday lower body, abs and resistance intervals (high resistance/low resistance intervals on stepper/eliptical).
Wednesday is full 1 hour endurance cardio.
Saturday is sports; basketball, hiking, swimming..whatever I want as long as I do something. (I usually take my daughter with me)
Sunday is rest, recovery or light exercise (active recovery).

My sessions run 60-71 minutes with at least 20 minutes of cardio.
My diet is a calorie cycling diet set for about 10000 calories a week. I've lost 14 pounds in 4 weeks and increased my weights by almost 20 pounds, so I'm making good progress, but this 4 week mark is where I start to stall and plateau. I don't want to let that plateau last more than a couple of weeks.

My ultimate goal is just being in good shape.....and consistent progress.

Six Simple Ways For You To Lose Weight

Recommanded Answer:
First, recognize that such plateaus are natural; most folks experience them.
Second.. The classic method is to cross train. Don't do the same thing all the time.
You don't say what you're doing, but if you're running try cycling or swimming, or circuit training at a gym... Whatever is available and piques your interest.
Also, doing intervals helps a lot of folks as the other contributor notes.

If you just go out and run at a steady pace for a given time... Try mixing it up. Throw in some sprints, climb a hill, go to a "parcourse" exercise course and work your way around that.

  • Change up your exercise routine. Keeps your body on its toes!
  • Mix up your workouts or try doing a circuit style workout. Jillian Michaels 3-2-1 circuits keep my body burning. I recommend the 30 Day Shred. It takes 20 minutes a day and the best part is the results. The video has 3 different levels which are on youtube. You don't need any special equipment or even a lot of space. Just enough to lay down for ab work or for push-ups.
  • Losing weight is one of main problem for some people. If you are one of them, there are many ways to lose weight, You can go to the gym, or control your diet. However, there is actually a medication for that. It is called the ACAI. ACAI is a world known preparation, which is used in order to help people lose excess weight. The preparation is 100% natural thus the possibility of side-effect appearance is very low. ACAI should be used in combination with a healthy diet and physical exercise in order to achieve the maximum effect. It is effective. You can get it at livehealthmart.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment