How can I increase my pushups and situps?

I'm planning on enlisting in the army infantry (11b) by this time next year, and I would like to do the best I possibly can on the PT Test, I'm setting my sights on a perfect score.

I'm currently 5'6" and 265lbs (Yes I know I have to lose the weight first, I've lost 10 lbs in the past few weeks, and my goal is to be at 150-155 by the time I actually enlist.)

I've been doing pushups every day and I found a new pushup plan that is as follows:

Diamond Pushups to failure.
Regular Pushups to failure.
Wide Grip Pushups to failure.

30 seconds in between each type of pushup, and 3-4 sets a day.

Is there any other ways to maximize results?

My first set was...

Diamond = 18
Regular = 12
Wide Grip = 15

And it's went down from there.

Also, whats a sit-up plan thats similar?

The run is something I'm not awfully worried about, I've always been a decent runner and my current workout is 15 minutes of jogging/walking on a treadmill and I do 1.5 miles in that time frame, so by the time I lose the weight I should be well within range.
While doing regular pushups (before I did this plan) I can do 25-30, maybe a little more if I pushed myself.
I've already seen HUUUUGE improvement in the past month, I'm just trying to get even more.

When I started a little over a month ago I was 270 and I could hardly do 5, maybe 10 and my arms were so warn out I couldnt do multiple sets. Now I'm doing multiple sets of 15+ within a 5 minute time period.

Top Five Tips to Lose Weight

Recommanded Answer:
Stop doing them every day. Give your body time to recover and incorporate changes due to the stimuli.

There is no reason to mess around with various types of push ups, you only need basic push ups to get better. Do as many as you can without stopping, rest 2 minutes, repeat. Do 3 sets of this every other day, and write down how many you manage to do for every set. Always try to keep perfect form, even as you fatigue. Do this, and you'll see improvement over time.

Also, as you lose weight the push ups will get easier.

0 comments:

Post a Comment