What do you consider "healthy foods"?

Just a question of others opinions and what people see as healthy & what they like to eat that is healthy.

The Best Way to Lose Weight With Hypothyroidism

Recommended Answer:

I consider healthy food to be low-calorie food. HOWEVER, like the first person said...All food is healthy; the amounts we have are what matter. I lost over 100lbs (19 years old and went from 225 to 120, then gained muscle to 135) and while losing it, I really considered the health foods to be things low in calories. My biggest peeve was when people trying to lose weight would eat things like almonds, peanut butter, granola, dried fruit, etc. because it is stereotyped as "healthy"...little do they know that it is PACKED with calories and terrible for weight loss. Some of my favorite "healthy" and low calorie foods are apples with cinnamon and splenda, oatfit oatmeal, unsweetened vanilla almond milk, light english muffins, peaches, mushroom burgers, sandwich thins, fat free cheese, fat free greek yogurt, and tofu!

Other Answers:

  • All food is healthy.It is what we do to it and how much of it we eat that makes it unhealthy.But what I would consider healthy foods, all vegetables that are dark in color. In fact the darker the green in the leafy vegetables, the better for you.
  • Veggies, mostly green. Others tend to be more starchy.Fruits, but not too much. They contain natural sugars.Turkey and chicken. No skin or breading.Whole grains. No white bread, pasta etc ...Water?
  • Made by scratch at home from real ingredients. No #2 corn based stabilizers, no CAFO milk, eggs or meat. Generally local ingredients.
  • I think of healthy as having a food that's as nutritious for the serving, the better.In the course of a day everything needs to be balanced.There is no good or bad food, but better choices.If I eat bread, I try and have whole grain. But a biscuit every now and then is ok.I try and eat fresh fruit, but a piece of apple pie is ok every now and then.I had some baked sweet potato french fries with baked pork chop for dinner.But sometimes I have a baked potato with sour cream and butter.I have found that deprivation doesn't work. But the more I eat healthy, the otherfoods just don't appeal to me as much.Plus, I eat a variety of things. I look at what's in season when foods are freshest.

0 comments:

Post a Comment