Possible for cold nodule to cause hypothyroid symptoms?

Hello. I am a 24-year-old woman who has recently been diagnosed with some cold thyroid nodules. The right lobe of my thyroid has a nodule that is almost larger than the lobe itself, and the left side has many smaller "cysts" and others that are just beginning to grow. My biopsy showed benign tissue for now, but my endocrinologist (who has been terrible at keeping in touch with me) is not interested in hearing about my symptoms because my TSH appears to be normal.For months now, I have had severe fatigue, which is not at all typical for me. My hair is in terrible shape (going grey, breaking, falling out). I have incredibly dry skin, and I get legitimate hot flashes. It will be 67 in our apartment, but I will be sweating so much that my hair sticks to my face. Additionally, I have a tendency to gain weight inexplicably, and even when I diet/exercise, I can't lose. These symptoms came on rather suddenly beginning in January, but because my TSH is showing as normal, my endocrinologist is insisting that these symptoms are not related to this nodule.I am currently working on getting a referral to a new endocrinologist for a second opinion, but I was curious if anyone else has had experience with this? My symptoms seem to point to hypothyroidism, but my bloodwork shows normal. Does anyone have any thoughts?

How to Lose Weight Fast by Drinking Water

Recommended Answer:

Get a new doctor. I have had thyroid problems for many years and I find that most doctors like to treat the lab work...not the patients symptoms. I did well on my dosage of thyroid medicine for 15 years but my new doctor saw my lab work and cut my dosage. Now I am having symptoms of low thyroid and am miserable. So with luck, you will find a doctor who will listen to your symptoms. Good luck.

Other Answers:

  • I have no personal experience with this, but it seems like the easiest way to resolve this would be to try a very tiny dose of thyroid hormone for several days, see what happens, and then stop if things get worse, or move on to a higher dose if things haven't changed. Then keep increasing the dose you have some type of change.in your symptoms or reach a plateau.
  • The new doctor must run the test to rule out thyroid inflammation which cause hyper or hyper/hypo symptoms. One of the check will be the TPO antibody testing.Large benign nodules can be treated with PEI at first; if such treatment fails, surgery is indicated

0 comments:

Post a Comment