Is starvation mode a myth?

Does your metabolism slow down if you don't eat a lot or is it a myth?I don't get this starvation mode thing, I mean I kind of had to starve myself to break my weight loss plateau and do lots of exercise and I got down to 115 lbs and I am eating regularly again and also exercised and I have maintained my new weight for 2 years now and kept the weight off since then.

How to Use Honey and Cinnamon to Lose Weight

Recommended Answer:

It's not even a myth. It's just down right ignorant and wrong.Your metabolism actually increases during fasting anyway, that's why people can't sleep, their body releases hormones that instruct them to stay up and look for food.What does lower the metabolism, is a loss of muscle mass, which happens during starvation.

Other Answers:

  • YES its a myth! dont listen to anyone say diff the people that say its not a myth are just people that cant stop eating.
  • Over a long period of time, if it is accompanied by a lack of exercise then your metabolism will slow down
  • Starvation mode is not a myth and occurs when you don't feed your body every few hours during the day. The amount you eat doesn't matter as much as how often you do eat. This is why 3 meals and 3 snacks a day (or 6 small meals) is generally recommended.For some people the effects of starvation mode aren't too big of a deal and the extra fast stored during starvation mode go away. However with individuals who used to fast continuously often experience a large effect. Anorexics who start eating normal for the first time often get a little 'pudgy', and can experience this pudginess for up to a year until their metabolism normalizes again.People who try to lose weight often find that their weight loss is maximized once they start eating 3 meals a day. For example, studies show that individuals who eat breakfast are actually more likely to weigh less than individuals who don't.
  • It all depends on what you are doing. If you starve yourself all day than binge late at night of course your going to gain weight. But if you are hungry all day but still eat, then you will lose weight. I went through the same thing where I was very strict with calories to lose the weight but then I was more relaxed and eat a lot more and still kept the weight off. But then i had a fractured hip and gained 10 pounds but i'm working on losing it like I did before. So just as long as you eat small meals more frequently than large meals you can lose weight.

0 comments:

Post a Comment