WILL I lose weight??? How long will it take?? I''m 14 :) SHORT QUESTION! :)?

hi!
So this is what Im doing:

*1,200 cals per day

*LIMITED dairy or gluten due to allergies... like for gluten, only ONE whole wheat tortilla and thats it. for dairy, a half a piece of cheese (:

*Fruit or veggie before/during each meal

* Right now, I''m jogging for 20min (elliptical) and strength training/circuit training for 15-25min. However, once the snow clears away, (I live in MA) I''ll be exercising MUCH more often.. :) (I''m thinking 50-90min? Jogging 4-5mi everyday for sure :] )

*Drink 5-6 bottles of water a day (= 10-12 cups)

*I am 5''7 1/2 tall, 140lbs... but I know a bunch of girls my age who are like 150lbs and LOOK much thinner than me! And its not muscle - most of them don''t exercise at all -.- I think its just the way my body is built, really.

= GOAL WEIGHT: 125-115LBS... Im hoping I''ll only have to lose like 15-20lbs but I''ve never been particularly skinny so I don''t know what Im going to look like... so I could be 125lbs, I could be 115. It depends on how it looks. (:

will I reach my weight loss goal? When will I reach my goal weight?? I want to lose the weight by the summer... I''m thinking June 1st is a good solid date... :)
also, I know when dieting you have a lot of slip ups, but for me, it pretty much is no exceptions except for holidays... my allergies are pretty bad haha

BTW, I started almost three weeks ago - HOWEVER, I did slip up pretty bad for the past 5 days b/c I was admitted to the hospital...


THANK YOU :)

Make it Fun to Lose Weight Naturally and Healthily!

Recommended Answer:
well im 5''4" or 5''5" and i weigh 106. im pretty skinny so i would imagine most girls would be around my size.

  • Sounds like it. But you should be eating more than that for your age, height, weight and activity level. I eat 1400-1500 and every 4th day at maintenance (1900 cals) to keep my BMR from slowing and I''m a lot smaller and older than you and lose weight on that amount (lost 55 lbs). Eating too little will cause slow, stagnant weight loss after awhile.
  • You only need to lose about 10 lbs. A good diet/exercise plan would be:

    Breakfast: Cook 9-grain cereal (from health food store) in water with rolled oats and wheat bran. Make a big pot of it on weekends and scoop out 1/2 cup each morning. Add low fat milk, nuts and berries. Drink hot Ovaltine. Breakfast should be your largest meal of the day to raise blood sugar level which falls during the night.

    Lunch: Egg, tuna or turkey ½ sandwich on whole grain bread with bean or alfalfa sprouts and yogurt w/fruit. If you had meat loaf for dinner, bring a meat loaf sandwich on whole grain bread (NO mayo). On cold days, a squatty thermos of hot chili, split peas with ham, or beef stew.

    Snacks: Fresh (not canned) fruit: banana, orange, apple, kiwi, grapes, peach, nectarine, cherries, pineapple. No chips and nothing ever from a vending machine.

    Dinner: salad with white meat chicken and fresh (not canned) veggies: tomatoes, 2 kinds of lettuce, 2 kinds of shredded cabbage, shredded or sliced carrots, alfalfa or bean sprouts, zucchini, green or red peppers, hard boiled eggs, brussels sprouts, broccoli, cauliflower, tofu, cottage cheese...Instead of dressing, squeeze 1/4 tomato over it.

    Or homemade bean/vegetable soups; great way to recycle leftovers.
    Or grilled fish with steamed veggies.

    Or omelet: In blender, whip together eggs, tofu, cottage cheese, onions, garlic powder. Cook with mushrooms, chopped tomatoes and green or red peppers.

    Foods to avoid: junk food, fast foods, pastries, desserts, sugar, salty foods, syrup (even canned fruit in syrup), peanut butter, fat/grease (pork, wieners, chops, bacon, salami, pizza, chips, fries), pasta, potatoes, white bread, rice, canned veggies, ice cream, soda, chips. And of course no tobacco or alcohol in any form. Both of those add wrinkles and destroy your brain. No oil except olive and mac nut. Coffee also rots your brain.

    To keep your skin clear, drink water. Veg. juice is good too. But not canned juice (too much sugar.)

    Join a gym; they have all the equipment and staff to show you how to use it to get the look you want to achieve. Much cheaper than buying your own equipment. Go hiking, biking, jogging, bowling, swimming...play tennis, badminton, volleyball, soccer..

    If you lack energy to exercise, take Super B complex.
    To lose weight, try an appetite suppressant.
  • That''s a pretty good plan! Drink as much water as you want - its good for you, and it has 0 sugars, 0 calories, 0 EVERYTHING! :)

    Before meals, always drink a full glass of water! It fills you up, & you won''t feel hungry when you''re done with your meal. This has really helped me! I always fill up on water!

    I''ve also found that walking for at least 15mins per day really helps with overall weight loss. I usually walk on my treadmill at 4 to 4.5 mph for at LEAST 15 minutes a day!

    I hope I could help! I''m 5''7" too and I''m trying to lose weight. My goal is 110!
    Good luck - I hope I could help!:)
  • "so I could be 125lbs, I could be 115. It depends on how it looks. (:"

    It depends on your health, NOT how it looks. Health should be your first priority
  • I need to gain weight, but right now I am in cross country and running on varsity. If I tried to gain weight now, would I become slower?
  • how much do you weight????

0 comments:

Post a Comment