Will cutting my daily calories in half for 6 months have adverse effects on my academic performance?

I realize it''s somewhat ironic that I''m asking this question on here. However, I just read (in my psychology textbook) about a study on semistarvation in which men were given only half their required calories for a period of 6 months, and they stabilized at 75% of their normal weight.

I would like to try this. I like to experiment with fasting, but this seems more interesting because it''s so long-term. I know to expect a 29% decrease in metabolism, but I will take that into account when I begin eating normally again.

What I really want to know is whether this will impair my mental functioning. I can''t go ask a doctor because I know my doctor would not condone this, but I would still like to know what other people think the answer might be. I know I''ll lose a ton of weight and feel listless and low-energy, but is there anything else I should expect (mostly mentally)?

Easy Ways to Lose Weight and Burn Excess Fat Safely

Recommended Answer:
interesting question. i doubt anybody on here can actually answer that question accurately and correctly.

i''d assume it wouldn''t have significant impact on your academic performance, but it probably would minorly affect you mentally.

still though.. half the food? >.> that sounds horrible. id rather just exercise and enjoy double the food :) lol. do what you will though.

  • Your brain needs a correct diet to function function properly; also your heart, organs, blood, etc. A good plan would be:

    Breakfast: low fat milk on cooked 9-grain cereal (from health food store), mixed with cooked oatmeal and wheat bran. Add some nuts and berries. Drink hot Ovaltine.

    Lunch: Egg, tuna or turkey sandwich on whole grain bread with bean or alfalfa sprouts and yogurt w/fruit. If you had meat loaf for dinner, bring a meat loaf sandwich (NO mayo). On cold days, a squatty thermos of hot chili, split peas with ham or beef stew.

    Snacks: Fresh (not canned) fruit: banana, orange, apple, kiwi, grapes, peach, nectarine, cherries, pineapple. No chips and nothing ever from a vending machine.

    Dinner: salad with white meat chicken and fresh (not canned) veggies: tomatoes, 2 kinds of lettuce, 2 kinds of shredded cabbage, shredded or sliced carrots, alfalfa or bean sprouts, zucchini, hard boiled eggs, brussels sprouts, broccoli, cauliflower, tofu, cottage cheese...Instead of dressing, squeeze 1/4 tomato over it.

    Or homemade bean/vegetable soups; great way to recycle leftovers.

    Or omelet: In blender, whip together eggs, tofu, cottage cheese, onions, garlic powder. Cook with mushrooms, chopped tomatoes.

    Foods to avoid: junk food, pastries, desserts, sugar, salty foods, syrup (even canned fruit in syrup), peanut butter, fatty/greasy foods (pork, wieners, chops, bacon, salami, pizza), pasta, potatoes, white bread, rice, canned veggies, ice cream, fast food, soda, chips. And of course no tobacco or alcohol in any form. Both of those add wrinkles and destroy your brain. No oil except olive and mac nut. Coffee also rots your brain.

    To keep your skin clear, drink water. Veg. juice is good too. But not canned juice (too much sugar.)

    Join a gym; they have all the equipment and staff to show you how to use it to get the look you want to achieve. Much cheaper than buying your own equipment. Also hiking, biking, jogging, bowling, swimming, badminton, tennis...

    If you lack energy to exercise, take stress B vitamins.
    To lose weight, try an appetite suppressant.

0 comments:

Post a Comment