This may sound odd, but is it bad to eat fruit when trying to lose weight?

I am 5'9, 135 pounds, and trying to get down to 115-120. I absolutely love fruit and if I could, I would eat it for every meal. Of course, I have some control and don't...but if I eat a large apple every morning for breakfast and another piece (like an orange or pear) can I still lose weight? I know weight loss is based on calories but I always hear that fruit is so high in sugar that it's bad. Is that true?

Recommanded Answer:
Nice specs babe, it depends what you eat it with if you eat fruits alone it should be fine. fruits contain sugar which increases your blood sugar so anything else eaten during tht period will be turned to fat, it is the same with alcohol, sugar/carbs and alcohol all have similar properties when it comes to weight loss

  • Fruit does have a sugar but its always necessary to be healthy. Fruits have vitamins that are useful for the body. The way I think about it when I try to lose weight is to eat like a bird. They eat fruit, vegetables, grain. But they don't eat too much and they're always active. Think like that and you'll lose weight in no time c:
  • Demented?
  • Yes, fruit is high in sugar, but it's good sugar. Fruit contains fructose, which is a natural sugar that your body needs. So forget about the sugar part, an apple contains about 75 calories, including essential vitamins and minerals, sugars, and carbohydrates, all which will benefit you while dieting because it's a healthy snack that includes a variety of beneficial things. It's a myth that fruits are bad when trying to lose weight, because they really do nothing but help you. Be sure to incorporate them into your diet, and good luck!
    Also, check this website for more facts on fruit: http://www.discovergoodnutrition.com/2011/02/the-truth-about-sugars-in-fruit/
  • Fruit isn't all that high in calories compared to a lot of the crap we eat every day, and it has a lot of good things in it besides the sugar. On the list of things you might consider cutting out of your diet, the apple and orange should be dead last.

    P.S. My birds would be really pissed if I gave up apples and oranges

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/silverbullet1952/8439280686/in/photostream

    P.P.S. 5'9" 135lbs is pretty thin, unless you've got next to no muscle on your frame. That's about my daughter-in-law's size. Any smaller, Junior might break her.
  • Oh Melissa! You have your e.d. for so long and you want to loose more weight....for whom?!
    Stay ...or get healthy and be satisfied with your body. Good luck.

0 comments:

Post a Comment