How do I lose 60 pounds without losing motivation?

Hi im a 15 year old girl really struggling with self image problems and I have been trying to lose weight for a long time but I always lose motivation and hope because everyone in my family is overweight. Anyways, I wanna go from 178 to 125 or even 130, I just want to be smaller. My parents don't ever really let me outside, like ever, and I never have the energy to work out. My questions are how do I get more energy to do things and what can I do to help my motivation issues and actually go through with this and not quit?

How to Lose Weight Quickly for Women Over 40

Recommended Answer:

Losing that much weight in someone so young is not straight forward and will require medical/dietetic supervision. Even in adults the average weight loss is only 9-15lbs a year, so this is a long term lifestyle issue, requiring both an appropriate diet and very regular vigorous exercise. Without finding a way to motivate yourself it is not going to happen.

Other Answers:

  • there's a difference between energy and willpower. you don't have willpower. you have lots of energy to use. fat is stored energy and we both know you have plenty. and it's really up to you to motivate yourself. you're the one losing the weight so it's you that decides when to give up and keep feeling bad about yourself
  • When you start working out, your body will want to be lazy. The human body loves habits and doesn't like change. Some people say to set small goals, but you need to find what works for you. Personally i am lazy as heck. If I set a small goal i just peg it as unimportant and give up trying. I have to set BIG goals and work hard to get anywhere. When I started losing weight it was NO soda, NO fast food, run 7 days a week, drink at least 5 cups of water (personal cup i use at work, not sure on the size) while at work and 1 liter at home. so far I am on week 3 and doing fine with it. Lost some weight but I didn't weigh myself. I know how I feel and THAT is important to me. If i see no change after the first week I would have stopped and that is not ok. It takes time to build up the right habits and get momentum.Not sure how that applies to you, but I hope you find the right motivation to go forward.Remember if it is what you want, then take it! Only thing holding you back is yourself. I hope I can help to motivate you a little bit. I was 235-245lbs (old scale, not sure if accurate). I know the first week was the toughest for me. After week 2 started I knew exactly what to expect so it was easier. The hardest part during that first week was actually starting the exercise. I would set a time to work out and then stall with things like "let me get the right music to run" or "let me finish this episode of this show".You will have to change your diet though, that is for sure!
  • I had the same problem as well. My dad doesn't give a crap about his weight and I can see how hard it is when there are people in the family that try shoving food in your face. First things first, you need to know this is going to take a lot of time. You're not going to lose 60 pounds in just a month. Though, before you exercise, you need to get in to how your diet is. Your parents might not eat very healthy, so next time when you go to the grocery store, get these diet meals. They are in the frozen section of course... I get the Crusine meals. Their pepperoni pizzas are the best in my opinion. Try not to fall off the wagon by watching your parents eat other fatty foods. If you see it, then leave the room so you don't have to think about it or maybe ask them if they can do the diet with you, but they probably will deny. The food you eat is VERY important. Your diet and exercise play the two biggest roles in losing weight. See, if you exercise, but eat chocolate chips cookies, chips, donuts, etc. then you won't lose weight, you probably will just remain the same weight or gain a little. So, diet is key.After you get a good diet down, get in to exercising. It may be hard at first, but take baby steps. Gradually get your way up to a really nice work out. When you exercise, the next day you will be sore, so don't get worried. As you said you don't have energy, eating a bad diet will make you have little energy also not getting enough sleep. So, remember, diet and try to get at least 8-9 hours of sleep daily. Try doing simple things such as doing crunches, push ups, mountain climbers, jumping jacks, etc. in your room, anywhere for that mater. After that, maybe you could as your parents if you could get a membership from a near by gym? And if not, maybe your school has a weight lifting center. My school lets us stay after school hours to do that kind of stuff. You could always check and see. If none if that is available, then try something simple... Jogging. Jogging REALLY helps losing weight. Like I said before, try baby steps. Jog outside around your block, around your house, it doesn't matter. You don't need your parent's permission to walk outside, so there you go. Try testing yourself by pushing your self to the limit. Maybe you could set yourself on timing. Try jogging for 2 minutes. If you can go further, do 3. Further? Do 4. Just keep jogging until you pushed as hard as you can. After you figured out your time, try to jog for that certain amount of time every day or every other day. Then, just walk for about 5 minutes, and then jog 2 more times. That would REALLY help. After about 2 weeks, test yourself again because your endurance probably improved!Motivation... Internet always worked for me! Sign up for a diet/fitness website. I have an account on myfitnesspal.com and it helps! Also, maybe you could get one of your friends to encourage you? That would be very helpful. You could also see before and after pictures of weight loss online, I'm not sure why, but it makes me become extremely motivated. Just keep going and ignore whatever your family is eating because they aren't the ones that are going to have a sexy body.Buy a scale if you don't have one and weigh yourself every week or every other week. The first few weeks of you dieting, you will lose a dramatic amount of weight, but after about a month or so, you'll start to only lose to about 1-3 pounds a week. Try setting goals on how long you jog, how many calories you eat, etc. That can make you become more motivated to just think about that.Anyway, I really hope you become the weight you want! Just never give up and never let anyone tell you you can't do anything. Good luck! :)
  • Well whenever I am low on energy I just make sure I eat enough and sleep enough. I go to the gym everyday so I need a lot of energy. If you feel low on energy make sure you adjust yur food intake and sleep time. I really don't think snacks or anything affect your energy cause I eat it all the time, but for yur weight its different. Another thing is your willpower. You probly tell yourself "oh ill start tomorrow" or "oh one day won't hurt" but you just got to get your head in the game, your life isn't going to wait for you, and you only live once (YOLO). Idk how I did it but I feel pumped up to go to the gym everyday, maybe its cause I want a nice body or maybe its cause I want to be a boxer soon, your goal can be whatever you want, just find one. Id also advise getting a gym membership, cause once your in there it is way easier to start. So just know if your feeling all lazy at home, you will automaticly feel pumped up once you take the first step, trust me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment