I have a few questions about birth control?

I'm a 21 year old woman who is sexually inactive at the moment, so I really have no use for birth control to prevent pregnancy. I talked to my doctor about birth controls and she said it might just be a miracle pill for me because I have such persistent acne and very heavy, painful periods. But there are side effects for birth control... as much as I want to take it, of all things I do not want to gain weight, I am terrified of gaining a lot of weight. My whole family is quite over weight and I am not far behind, much more and I'd really be fat. Is there a way to avoid this side effect? Maybe there are pills that don't seem to has this side effect? Is there a certainty that I won't have to worry about acne and heavy periods on any pill or does it very brand to brand, woman to woman? I might have to go talk to my doctor again about some of this, but anything you know would be very helpful, thank you.

How to Lose Weight Fast with High Protein Food

Recommended Answer:

I am also 21 and although I am sexually active, the main reason I began taking the pills were for the exact same reasons as you. It has cleared my acne almost completely and my periods are much lighter and regular. I used to have cramps that caused me to have to stay home from work when it came and now I have no discomfort at all. As far as weight gain, I know how you feel, I also have a fear of it. All birth control have a possibility of weight gain and there really isn't a way to know if it will until you give it a shot. I will say that I gained weight in my breasts, but that is about it. You should give it a try and see what works for you. Just let your doctor know about your concerns for weight gain and he/she should be able to pick out something that is less likely to do that. Good luck. :)

Other Answers:

  • ask your ob/gyn about the birth control that is in-planted into your arm so you don't have to take it on a daily basis.
  • I've been on it for two months and haven't gained any weight! I read that it doesn't really make you gain weight per say, but it can make your body retain water that will make you feel a little larger.If you want birth control to relieve you from acne and painful periods, I'd definitely do it. The side effects are minimal (especially a low-dose pill like Alesse 28), and they go away after the first 3 months. :) Don't worry about it, it'll help you more than hurt you!
  • Honestly, birth control affects all women differently. Two women can be on the same kind of birth control and both have completely different side effects. You won't really know how it will affect it until you try it for yourself.I wouldn't worry about the weight gain though. If you do get that side effect, it might be like 5-10lbs of water weight and it will come off. It's not like you're going to put on 30lbs just from taking it! The only thing that got bigger when I started birth control were my boobs!
  • I've been on birth control ever since I was 16 (I'm now 23) because of very irregular and painful periods. I had to be rushed to the hospital once because the pain I was feeling was so damn scary.So, I started being on the pill and I noticed no side effects. I didn't get fat, I didn't have any emotional drawback, I just take my pill and rock on.I have to admit I know a girl that got on the pill and started gaining weight. I also have a dear friend that can't be on the pill because it got her very depressed.It all depends on you and the pill. I would never trade my good ole pill for anything else, because I'm too scared of the pain I felt when I wasn't on meds. Aaaaand: once you get a partner you can feel safe.

0 comments:

Post a Comment